Tuesday, July 17, 2007

It's official ...

It's official ... Sasha has allergies. Allergic to what? Well, not only is she allergic to all dairy, but also to peanuts, and dogs. I think she just likes to make our lives difficult just because she has been such a wonderful easy child. Now she is making up for all the times that she was a super good baby. She has a 90+% chance of growing out of the dairy allergy by the time she is five. If we are really good, she has a 20% chance of growing out of the peanut allergy. And dogs ... well, the doctor just laughed at us when we asked what her chances were on that one. Gratefully, the dog allergy seems to be somewhat minor, so since both Hilary and I are dog-loving people, we may still be able to have one someday.

All we have to do is completely abstain from any exposure to any dairy or nuts in her food. Do you realize how many things have dairy or nuts in them? Thankfully, we really don't have to worry about her eating any dogs. Basically, the doctor told us she can eat lots of beef and pork (That's my little girl!!! she definately takes after her daddy on the meat-loving), and she can eat lots of fruits and veggies. And...that's about it. Some diet, huh?

1 comment:

West said...

A carnivore daughter. That is great! How crazy all those allergies. The dog one isn't so bad really. Just take this as your ticket to not have one. I love dogs and all but it is like having to worry about another kid and I wold just rather have another kid and name him fido. (see I am starting to get ancie and nervous that girls are going to keep popping out)(Am I realy to the point to saying I would name a kid fido just he could be boy? Maybe) I bet she grows out of most of them. That is what you get for moving away. J/K. Miss you guys. Brewers