Tuesday, May 05, 2009

"I looked out the window..."

"... and what did I see?"
If you look closley you will see...


This sweet "big" duck (according to Sasha) who had found some shelter in our entry hiding halfway behind our pot on the porch. The kids had a great time watching "her" through Braden's window since it had the perfect view (and the duck was safe from them). They were able to go out on the porch as well and stand right next to her when we were leaving. I unfortunately scared the poor thing when I told Sasha to get back a little farther away, it scuttered further into the corner. She was gone when we got home a few hours later. Sasha and Braden were so sad that "she" was gone. It was decided that she went to find her "husband". I would love to find her sitting there again. It is wonderful to have nature so close to your door.

No comments: