Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Saturday we decided that we would take a short break from the yard sale.  I saw a sign at the beginning of the week (while following a detour route - twice because I turned the wrong way, oh well) advertising a historic train museum with train rides that was going to be open that Friday and Saturday.  We decided that it would be a really fun surprise for the kids since they have both been loving trains recently, anything to do with them.

It turned out to be a great break for all of us.  I could have spent hours taking pictures, and visiting with some of the cute older gentlemen that were playing, um I meant "working" there. They loved what they were doing.  The man pictured below was in the caboose using a telegraph for fun.  I asked if his fingers were getting tired.  He told us that he could never get tired of it, but that he could do it 7days a week, 365 days a year.  He was so excited when I asked if I could take his picture.  I didn't get a picture of his belt buckle, but it was a replica of a Morse telegraph switch.  Here are a few of the pictures from our afternoon with the trains.

 
  Unfortunately the museum is only open on occasion, we will definitely be going back during the fair when they are open again!  We could hardly get the kids to leave, they really loved it.  Here is a shot I got of Braden pouting as we were trying to get him to leave. 
   
Thank you Historic Railway Society for making this such a great experience!

No comments: