Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Our kids are really pretty good at helping pick their things up with some encouragement. I've been wondering about how to help them (and myself for that matter) have a better understanding of doing some chores without being told to do them. I was reading this post from A Daily Scoop today, she has such great insight into many things in life. This post was just what had been on my mind recently.

I realize that the kids are probably too young to really have them understand too many things. I am learning that they are learning from many things that we do, from what they see, hear, from friends, us and others. I am working at trying to be better at teaching by example (a good one, at least more often than not) rather than by words. So here we go onto a new adventure in teaching. We will be making adjustments to her suggestions to fit our families needs.

1 comment:

Jennifer B said...

Man I hear you on this one. Today was a day I really wanted to get rid of all the toys, but I have to remember having a clean house is not everything. There will be a season in my life that it will be clean & I will miss the toys everywhere. At least that is what I keep telling myself today!! Love you!!