Friday, February 08, 2008

The Hinckley Challenge

Beloved Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley
I will greatly miss this man, he has always been there as "my" Prophet for as long as I have a vivid recolection of the Prophets during my lifetime. I am so thankful for his example and many words of encouragement to the youth and church members. I am so thankful for the inspiration that he received to start building small temples. Because of this we are blessed to have the Spokane Temple nearby. We love having the opportunity to attend on a regular basis. Thank you to all of my leaders, teachers, friends, and family that have shared their testimonies of Pres. Hinckley and the church with me through the years. Each and everyone of you have helped strengthen mine. Though I will miss him terribly I am so happy to know that he is back with his sweet Marjorie and other family. I am also happy to know that we are now so blessed to have Pres. Monson as our Prophet, Seer and Revelator.
I am blessed to be a ward missionary in our ward currently, because of that I was invited to attend a young women's activity on Wednesday night. It was a great experience. I can hardly believe that it has been almost 10 years since I graduated from Laurels, I loved that time in my life, it was a great reminder to see the excitment and love in those girls eyes of how important the gospel really is and what an example that we each can be. One of the girls mentioned a challange that has been started to honor Pres. Hinckley, and challenged each of us to check it out and do it as well. So, for any of you who haven't heard about it ,the challange is to read the Book of Mormon in 97 days (that is 5 pages a day for those who started on Feb. 4). Here is the link to join/check out the challange for any that are interested. http://www.hinckleychallenge.com/ good luck to any of you who challange yourselves to this. It will tell you how many pages a day you need to read to meet the challange and allows you to track you progress. I struggled with the challange that Pres. Hinckley gave us a couple of years ago. So I'm going to be posting my progress on our blog to be accountable - so that I might complete the challange.

No comments: