Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Oh, how I Love You Grandma!

Here are a few pictures of some precious memories that I have of Sasha, Braden and their Great Grandma Corey
Grandma meeting her first Great Grandchild - Sasha
Sasha and Grandma 2 years later

Grandma seeing her great grandson, Braden, for the first time


This is one of my all time favorites
Grandma with her two Great Grandkids
Thank you for loving them as much as you loved me.
I love you!!!


No pictures that I post, or words that I may type could ever adequately pay tribute to this wonderful woman. There have been many times that I have wondered what I would do when this beautiful friend, teacher, confidant, mother, grandmother... was no longer here. I woke this morning to the news that, this is now a reality. One that I, amongst many others, must face. I haven't allowed myself to cry, today, though I know it will come, I had to be there for my kids. There were times that I got tearful, but I kept thinking I must be strong, I must be strong. I have never questioned that there is life before here, and life after death. This is something that is part of me, I know that I will see Grandma again, I look forward to that day. I must find ways to live my life so that I may have the opportunity to see her again. I treasure the many gifts that she has given me, I still have a collection of countless cards (birthday, Christmas, Easter, Mother's Day...) that some may find frivolous, but thank you for letting me have these treasures Brit. I am so thankful that Grandma had a chance to get to know two of her Great Grandchildren (in this life), though they likely won't remember her I have joy in the thought that they also have had the opportunity to know her a little. I loved hearing her stories, repetitive as some may have become, it was great to hear the light in her voice and see the light and excitement in her eyes as she would share many of them. While there are many experiences that I could share there, this one is so precious to me. Sasha, Braden and I were blessed enough to have the chance to go to Salt Lake in April (for a great birthday surprise for Dad) and were also able to spend some time with Grandma. She hadn't been doing very well, so I didn't expect it to be the greatest visit, but as we reached her door, and knocked to let her know we were coming in, she answered. We went for a great walk that day, and talked. The conversation wasn't something that really stayed with me, but the excitement that she had that we were there is something that I won't ever forget. She kept telling us that she looked out her window, and couldn't believe what she was seeing, it couldn't be, we were in Washington, but then there we were at her door, we really were there! It was a great surprise for her, something that she didn't forget, and something that I will always hold dear. In nearly every conversation we had after that day I became more and more thankful that we had that chance, because it was something that would bring a youthful excitement back into her voice. I could hear her smiling. Thank you so much for that opportunity, those who made that day and memory possible.
Thank you for always being there for me Grandma, for loving me unconditionally, for answering my endless questions, teaching me so many things, for loving life and those around you. Forgive me for not adequately sharing these things with you when you were still here. Please know that I love you, and miss you. I'm sorry that I couldn't be there more often, thank you for being so understanding, I've really missed you, and always will. Thank you for your example of a wonderful life, and wonderful children, I hope that I can be a small part of the woman that you are. (now the tears are coming, a little)


PS ~ I would love to have any one that has a memory (or as many as you would like to share) of Grandma Corey please do so in the comments. I would love to have as many as possible.
PSS ~ Thank you for listing to my rambling thoughts.
PSSS ~ To those who still have the opportunity write a letter, or just a note to those that you love to let them know how much they mean to you while you still have the chance.

3 comments:

Misty said...

(((((((HUGS)))))))

It's so bittersweet to lose Grandparents. She sounds like she was(is!) an awesome woman.

Jennifer B said...

I'm sorry to hear about your grandma. It is so hard to have someone you love so much leave us for heaven. Sending my hugs! =)

The Thomas Tiny Ranch said...

Grandma's are so special in so many ways.

One of the hardest days in my life was losing my grandma. It didn't help that I was pregnant, so the emotions were already high.

I did have the opportunity to meet your grandma a couple times. The way you describe her is exactly what I saw in her. The joy and pride she had for you at your bridal shower and on your wedding day radiated from her; the sparkle in her eyes and the smile she wore were bright. Not to mention at your baby shower, she was beside herself with excitement! And again, the joy and pride in her filled up the room.

Have a safe trip and keep your memories strong. Hugs and kisses to all of you, we love and miss you.