Thursday, November 27, 2008

Cute Things Kids Say

So, I just had to post some more of Sasha's sayings because they are so darn cute!

"Legabug" is a ladybug
One of my current favorites is "Sita Jonkin" which is Sister Johnson - Sasha goes over to Sister Johnson's house for Joy-School once a week and absolutely loves it! When I play with her and tell her she is too fast for me - she repeats with "too fass me!"

We have been trying to get her not come out of her room before 7am because we don't really want to be woken up before that if we can help it. So yesterday, I got to sleep in just a little bit because I was going into school an hour later and I wake up to this: "Daddy, get down." First of all, not thinking straight because this brought me out of a deep sleep but I realized she wanted me to get down from our bed, which is really high for a bed. "Daddy, time wake up!" So I said "what?" and Sasha said "Daddy, see" as she grabbed my alarm clock, "a seben. Time wake up! See! Two sebens!" She was showing me that there was a seven on the clock and therefore it was time to get up and that there were actually two sevens because it was 7:27 am. I couldn't argue with that because that is exactly how we have been teaching her to stay in her room until 7:00 in the mornings. It's not time to wake up until there is a seven on the left side. Well, she apparently understands that all too well now - I don't think we'll ever be able to sleep past 7am again!

"waj" is the garage.
"Turtin on my winnow fall off" means that the curtain on her window fell off. We keep a thick blanket over her window to make her room dark and keep the light out in the morning (especially when it gets light before 7am).
"Sassa say bayas" means Sasha say prayers when she wants to say the prayer.
Sasha says the cutest prayer. I think it is something that I can write here:
"Heaby fahva, daikoo day, bess food, name chee-us wice, amen" If you can't guess, this translated means 'Heavenly Father, thank you for this day, bless the food, in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.' She is such a smart little girl! and she has such an amazing memory! We love her so much and are so grateful to have her here as part of our family and to teach her about life here on earth and a bit about the gospel as well.

Won't be too long before Braden starts rattling off coherent words and sentences! Right now, he jabbers, but he sure jabbers a lot!

1 comment:

Stapletons said...

Too Cute!